Counter Strike Global Offensive August update is now rolling out for PC players. According to the official Counter-Strike Global Offensive changelog, the latest patch added various bug fixes and game play changes. Apart from this, there is also stability and performance improvements.
Counter Strike Global Offensive Update Changelog
- Introducing the Fracture Case, featuring designs from over 17 community artists-designed weapon finishes, and the Shattered Web Knives as rare special items.
- Multiple improvements to SDR networking protocol:
- Improved SDR routing selection logic.
- Fixed SDR networking sessions to not be reused after expiration.
- Improved stability.
- Updated main menu movie for Mutiny.
- Fixed several exploits related to VPK tampering.
- The -unstrusted launch option is no longer supported.
- Fixed some clipping, z fighting, invisible surface bugs.
- Fixed being able to spot enemies through wall near bridge. (thanks Chaelin!).
- Removed palm tree shadow at bridge.
- Fixed weapons falling through stairs and other parts of the floor.
- Re-added the grenade windows to B.
- New skin for double door at middle.
- Significant improvement in performance in all areas of the map (Thanks Joaokaka1998 for testing!).
- Adjusted fade distances to improve performance.
- Added more hint/skip brushes to separate certain visleaves.
- Added ivy models to prop combine to increase performance when multiple are rendered at once.
- Lowered part of the wall on A Site.
- Modified rock formation at upper T to A into a brick wall to improve visibility and grenade potential.
- Added cover at mid to B connector.
- Removed cover at Side Path near the back of A Site.
- Raised height of ceiling clipping around A Site & CT to A, allowing players to get on top of the wall on A Site.
- Raised height of ceiling clipping around CT entrance to B.
- Adjusted deathmatch spawn position near A Site.
- Adjusted environment lighting to give a better visual contrast.
- Fixed flickering of multiple bush props across the map.
- Removed shadows for some foliage models, such as those seen at The Squid building.
- Fixed missing textures on various displacements around the map.
- Fixed various floating models around the map (windows, lamps, etc.).
- Improved clipping of wooden pillars at Dock.
- Swamp has now great FPS.
- Replaced water material.
- Made it brighter in some areas.
- Closed the corner near the old saw blades by the backroom.
- Made recess in wall at T-entrance.
- Made brighter background in corner near T-entrance.
- Closed a gap where a weapon could fall in between.
Download Counter Strike Global Offensive August update.