PlanetSide 2 update 2.15 is now rolling out for PS4 players. According to the official PlanetSide 2 2.15 changelog, the the Escalation game update added new vehicles like the Bastion Fleet Carrier & Colossus Heavy Tank, new gameplay systems like War Assets & Facility Modules, and an entirely new social space in Sanctuary. Apart from this, PlanetSide 2 version 2.15 also includes stability and performance improvements.
For more details Click below.
What is new in Planetside 2 PS4 update 2.15?
BASTION FLEET CARRIER
An Empire’s might and determination, symbolized in metal and voiced through cannon fire. The Bastion Fleet Carrier descends from orbit, ready to wage war across the battlefields of Auraxis.
- With enough resources and time, any Outfit can now craft and call planetside this massive warship.
- This fleet carrier comes equipped with shipboard turrets, command-based artillery systems, an interceptor launch platform, and can act as a spawn point for your entire Outfit.
- A singular Captain commands this warship over the continent, maneuvering to protect its weakpoints and project its power.
- Bastions require significant Outfit coordination and investment to call in, and each Empire can only field one at any given time.
Calling your Bastion
- Outfits craft multiple pieces of their Bastion in the Outfit Armory using resources they’ve secured through combat (those topics are covered further down.)
- When enough time and resources are invested, authorized Outfit members will be able to use the Bastion Uplink Terminal located at every Warpgate to call down their Bastion.
Manning your Stations
- The first seat is the Captain’s, and seats 2 – 10 are turrets, and additional seats are for passengers. Bastions can hold a total of 48 players at any time.
- The Captain uses waypoints on the map (or mini-map) to move the Bastion around the map, and order its artillery barrage. Captain must maintain this seat in order to continue issuing commands.
- There are two types of mannable turrets aboard the Bastion currently. One is an anti-air/multi-purpose gatling, and the second is an air to ground cannon.
- Any player who ejects from the Bastion will be mounted in an Interceptor class fighter with a unique loadout and built-in ejection seat.
Taking it Down
- Each Bastion has eight weakpoints located around the ship. Any anti-vehicle weaponry can damage these weak points.
- Weak points cannot be repaired, but do have a regenerating shield layer that comprises a quarter of their total health pool.
- When all weakpoints are destroyed, the Bastion will self destruct into a glorious explosion.
The Colossus Heavy Tank, a massive, 5-seated combat platform, has been deployed to the battlefields of Auraxis.
- Capable of transforming into a powerful anti-Bastion Skylance Battery, a deployed Colossus emits a hardened shield bubble that can protect allies nearby.
- The Skylance fires a piercing beam that passes through vehicles, and can strike any of the Bastion Fleet Carrier’s weakpoints from the ground. A special HUD assists in targeting.
- The strength of the Skylance is so powerful that it damages the Colossus’ structural integrity while doing so, requiring allied support to keep the vehicle operational.
- Advanced Nanite Transports (or ANTs) can also assist the Colossus by restocking its deployed shield with the Cortium that powers it.
- Outfits can create this vehicle as a War Asset within the Outfit Armory, and deploy it from special terminals located at allied Warpgates and Tech Plants.
- A number of weapons and enhancements are available to the Colossus which can be purchased with the Outfit-based Merit currency.
WAR ASSETS & OUTFIT ARMORY
Ever wanted to call in some vehicle support from orbit? Outfits are now equipped with new tools to impact the flow of battle, offer strategic control, and add depth and variety to every soldier’s gameplay experience.
These War Assets are crafted on the new the Outfit Armory page using resources your Outfit has secured through battle. Initial example assets include:
- Steel Rain: Deploy your entire squad in a coordinated drop pod assault anywhere on the map.
- Citadel Shield: A massive projectile-blocking bubble shield encases the area, providing room to advance, or defense against an incoming assault.
- A.N.V.I.L.: Airdrop a vehicle of your choosing to reinforce your defenses, or mobilize your allies.
- Orbital Satellite Uplink: Call for an Orbital Strike at your target location to crack an enemy armor column.
War Assets take time and resources to craft, and Outfit leaders will have the ability to grant privileges to their Outfit members to craft and/or deploy these Assets and turn the tides of battle!
We’ve expanded upon the War Asset system to bring a new type of strategic asset to Auraxis. Outfits can now craft Facility Modules that impart region-wide benefits, and most previously existing facility benefits have been rolled into this new feature.
Current Facility Modules available:
- Phalanx Auto-Repair: Phalanx turrets installed at this base will repair themselves overtime. Even when destroyed or under attack.
- Infantry Health Regen: While in the region, allied soldiers gain passive health regeneration.
- Light Vehicle Discount: Harasser assault buggies and Flash ATVs cost 30% less Nanites when pulled from this facility.
- Support Vehicle Discount: Sunderers and ANTs cost 30% less Nanites when pulled from this facility.
- Mobile Armor Discount: Lightnings and Main Battle Tanks cost 30% less Nanites when pulled from this facility.
- Light Aircraft Discount: Empire Specific Fighters and Valkyrie Aircraft cost 30% less Nanites when pulled from this facility.
- Heavy Aircraft Discount: Liberator Gunships and Galaxy Air Transports cost 30% less Nanites when pulled from this facility.
- Phalanx Combat Improvements: Phalanx turrets at the facility gain infrared zoom optics and can fire for longer before overheating
As a part of this feature’s introduction, we’ve adjusted the rules for spawning MBT and Liberator.
- Liberators and Main Battle Tanks no longer rely on the Tech Plant benefit to be pulled.
- Liberators can now always be pulled from Outposts with Air Pads available.
- Main Battle Tanks can now only be pulled from Large Outposts and Facilities.
SECURING OUTFIT RESOURCES
On the map screen, players will see new Outfit-based resources associated with each territory. These resources come in three rarities, Auraxium (common), Synthium (uncommon), Polystellarite (rare).
Capturing a base will always yield an amount of Auraxium, while claiming it for your Outfit will provide the resource ticks shown on the map every 5 minutes.
Claiming territory for your Outfit is important, as it keeps your resources stocked, and is also amplified when starting or winning the Meltdown continent alert.
- When a Meltdown alert triggers, the faction that started the alert will receive an immediate 5x tick of resources from bases they own.
- When a Meltdown alert ends, the faction that won the alert will receive an immediate 5x tick of resources from bases they own.
- Unstable Meltdown alerts do the same, but with only a 2x tick of resources from bases owned.
- At the end of the alert, all outfit ownership is wiped.
In addition, Expeditions can be crafted in the Outfit Armory that, for a small investment and some time, reward you with resources of a higher rarity.
Expeditions must be claimed in the Nascent Expeditions office on Sanctuary.
Nanite Systems welcomes you to Sanctuary, a neutral home for the war weary, a place of trade, and a staging point for future exploration and expansion.
While in Sanctuary, all factions and allegiances are able to occupy the same space. Weapon use, and damage in general, is disabled in this new social hub.
Sanctuary launches with two main areas, the Atrium, and Central Operations.
- The Atrium is a spacious area with a view of Auraxis and beyond. It also houses marketplace vendors and various services.
- Upstairs, Central Operations is run by Nanite Systems employees to coordinate the various day to day workings of the Sanctuary satellite.
Various vendors and representatives can be found on board Sanctuary.
Purchase Rare Weapons and Equipment
In the shop to the left, players can find SPRK-33, a vendor that deals in the new A7 currency.
- Throughout the world, players will occasionally find loose data that, once decrypted, can be collected for A7.
- Participating in a Meltdown Alert will also give players A7 based on how much time they’ve spent in the Alert. The victorious faction receives more, so fight your hardest.
Trade Outfit Resources and claim completed Expeditions.
In the center shop, players will find a Nascent Expeditions Rep. and an Expedition Coordinator that both deal with Outfit Resources.
- The Nascent Rep. allows for the trading of Outfit Resource types, converting them to greater or lesser rarities for a cost.
- The Expedition Coordinator will debrief Outfits who have completed Expeditions, rewarding them with Outfit Resources.
Join an Outfit and purchase Outfit Equipment, Cosmetics, and Boosts
In the shop on the right, players will find an Outfit Recruiter and an Outfit Quartermaster that uses Loyalty and Merit to offer equipment to players in Outfits.
While in an Outfit, each player now gains Loyalty by capturing and defending bases with their Outfit members (a reasonable force of enemies are required at these bases in order to count toward progress.)
Loyalty acts similarly to Battle Rank, in that it increases over time, and isn’t spent like a currency. The higher the Loyalty Rank of a player, the more Outfit Quartermaster items they’ll have access to. Loyalty decays slowly over time, so be sure to keep showing up for Ops Night.
Alongside Outfit Loyalty, Merit is earned in much the same way. Capturing and Defending bases with your Outfit provides Merit, a currency that can then be exchanged with the Outfit Quartermaster for boosts, equipment, and cosmetics.
EMPIRE STRENGTH & CONTINENT META
To accommodate a more map-driven metagame, we’ve stepped away from the mid-continent events system, and made some changes to how Empire Strength is gained as the continent progresses. We may return with a replacement for events in the future, depending on how the Live gameplay turns out, but we’d want some more conducive to the map-based objectives of the game before doing so.
- Mid-continent events (Aerial Anomalies, Maximum Pressure, etc,) have been removed.
- Territory control of 41% now awards 5 Empire Strength.
- Territory control of 44% provides an additional 5 Empire Strength, and this effect also occurs at 48%, 52%, 56% and 60% territory.
- Eisa Tech Plant (Esamir) Empire Strength benefit from 30 to 20.
- The Ascent (Amerish) Empire Strength benefit from 15 to 20.
- The Crown (Indar) Empire Strength benefit from 15 to 20.
T7 Mini-Chaingun (Terran Republic Heavy Weapon)
- Minimum refire rate from 100ms to 80ms.
- Maximum refire rate from 75ms to 71ms.
- Ballistic Rapid Refire Toggle no longer reduces maximum refire rate (as that’s now built in by default.)
- Ballistic Rapid Refire Toggle no longer has a hidden projectile speed benefit.
Dev Note: Always treated like a support weapon, but without the traits that make it successful as one (most support weapons sacrifice damage for accuracy or splash damage,) the Mini-chaingun is hard to justify bringing onto the battlefield over other LMG options. This update offers a significant boost to its 1v1 potential, and increases its overall ferocity.
Revive Grenade (Combat Medic)
- Reduce detonation time by 1 second to increase responsiveness.
- The thrower no longer receives a UI notification in an attempt to revive yourself.
- NSO Defector units are no longer revivable with Revive Grenades.
Proximity Mine (NSO Engineer/Infiltrator utility)
- Renamed “F.U.S.E.”
- Fixed medal tracking issues.
- Refunded skill lines associated with these mines.
- Now works with Mine Carrier suit slot.
Tank Mine (NSO Engineer)
- Fixed medal tracking issues.
- Refunded skill line associated with these mines.
- Now works with Mine Carrier suit slot.
MAX & DEFECTOR
Nanite Auto-Repair (Defensive Slot)
- Repair from 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5% health restored per second to 1/2/2.5/2.75/3% health restored per second.
Dev Note: Rarely in competition Kinetic Armor and Ordnance Armor, Nanite Auto-Repair has received a buff.
Defector (NSO Infantry Unit)
- NSO Defector units are no longer revivable with Revive Grenades. (As mentioned above.)
- We’ve decided to let Defectors continue to contest capture points for the time being.
- You can now hear this unit’s footsteps in first person.
- Fixed various animation-related issues.
Grenade Printer (Primary Weapon)
- Grenade Printer’s cooldown speed increased by 20%.
- Weapons medals are now properly tracked.
- Mini-map firing signature from 1 to 60.
Defector Claws (Melee Weapon)
- Now earns weapon medals.
- Time Bomb’s movement speed penalty from 25% to 10%.
- Now has new audio.
- Seraph Shield can now be toggled off manually.
- Seraph Shield movement speed penalty from 50% to 40%.
- Seraph Shield duration from 8 seconds at all ranks to 8/10/11/12 seconds at ranks 1 through 4.
- New Defensive Slot Certification
- When Time Bomb or Seraph Shield are first activated, the damage mitigation received from those abilities is increased by 50% for 2 seconds.
- New Defensive Slot Certification
- Removes the movement speed penalty of Time Bomb, and reduces the movement speed penalty of Seraph Shield to 25%. In addition, you accelerate into a sprint more quickly at all times.
Combat intensifies as new armaments are deployed to the front lines.
NS-66 Punisher (Common Pool SMG)
The Punisher is a next-gen PDW built with close-quarters aggression in mind. The in-built underbarrel fires fragmentation grenades, and can be adapted to fire class-specific ammunition instead.
Class Underbarrel archetypes:
- EMP (Infiltrator) – Destroys deployables and scrambles HUD.
- Impulse (Light Assault) – Knocks back enemies and the user on impact.
- Enhancement (Engineer) – Mechanical targets receive increased maximum health and a repair over time.
- Havoc (Heavy Assault) – Renders mechanical targets immune to repair effects for a time.
- Cleanse (Combat Medic) – Heals over time and removes slow/blind/concussion effects.
NS-06 Thumper SE – Common Pool Heavy Weapon
- This special edition variant of the Thumper heavy grenade launcher celebrates the 17-year anniversary of the PlanetSide franchise!
- It comes equipped with an anti-infantry fragmentation payload, and has access to multiple specialized munitions.
- This weapon contributes progress to the Exceptional III directive line.
Rocklet Rifle (Light Assault Tool)
- Locklets have been replaced with Sabot Rocklets.
- Sabot Rocklets sacrifice damage for increased accuracy at range. When equipped, alternate fire is replaced with a low-bloom 3-round burst, and projectile velocity is increased for both firemodes.
Dev Note: Reload speed increases no longer affect the Rocklet Rifle in unintended ways (ie. hyper reload speeds.) A consequence of this fix was that Typhoon Rocklet implementation had to be reworked (though players should see no gameplay impact,) and Locklets had to be replaced as an option.
NSX Tanto (Common Pool Carbine)
- Hipfire cone of fire bloom from 0.24 to 0.12.
Dev Note: The excessive hipfire penalty on the Tanto was originally meant to offset its higher-than-normal starting accuracy, but we’ve peeled that penalty back as it has enough counterbalances elsewhere.
NSX Daimyo (Common Pool Sniper Rifle)
- Now appears in filters as a Sniper Rifle, instead of a Scout Rifle in marketplace filters.
- Maximum damage from 225 to 325.
- Minimum damage from 175 to 250.
- Headshot multiplier from 5x to 3.5x
Dev Note: We’re reducing the extremes between bodyshots and headshots a bit so the reliance on the Daimyo’s unique headshot multiplier is lessened, though it will remain incapable of a 3 bodyshot kill at maximum damage range.
Hunter QCX (Common Pool Sidearm)
- Explosive Bolt direct damage resist type from 3 (a deprecated resist type) to 34 (Infantry Rocket Launcher.)
- Explosive Bolt direct damage from 450 to 300.
- Explosive Bolt indirect minimum damage from 10 to 50.
- Explosive Bolt indirect minimum radius from 0.35m to 0.5m.
- Explosive Bolts no longer lose damage over distance.
- Replaced Explosive Bolts hipfire cone of fire penalty with a smaller magazine size (by 1) penalty instead.
- Detect Bolts reduced the number you can have on the field at any time from 20 to 4.
- Smoke Bolts have been replaced with Incendiary Bolts, which ignite enemy infantry to deal damage over time.
Dev Note: We’ve done some cleanup on the Hunter crossbow’s attachments. Explosive Bolts’ unnaturally high damage against certain targets is brought to be more in line with the weapon’s intended functions. Additionally, we’re stepping away from the spammability of smoke on this weapon to encourage the use of alternatives.
Underbarrel Smoke (Underbarrel Attachment)
- Ammo restocking time from 4sec. to 5sec.
Dev Note: Some weapons shared this reload time already, but we’ve done a pass to put the others in parity. This change matches the reload times with underbarrel grenade launchers.
Recon Detection Device (Infiltrator Tool)
- Maximum active darts from 20 to 6
- Firing while aiming down sights no longer reveals your minimap location.
- Recon Darts should no longer lift vehicles into the air when placed in their springs.
Infradine (Black Market Consumable)
- Duration from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Nanite cost from 3 to 25.
Flash and Quick-Det Flash Grenades (Light Assault)
- Moved the resist type from this grenade from type 2 (small arms) to type 6 (common explosives.)
Concussion Grenades (Heavy Assault)
- Concussion turning speed reductions no longer stack, which would cause inverted movement controls.
- Moved the resist type from this grenade from type 2 (small arms) to type 6 (common explosives.)
- Rank 5 benefit has been changed to the following: If you revive an allied player, they will now be cloaked upon accepting.
- Cooldown from 20 seconds to 12 seconds, at all ranks.
- Rank 5 no longer offers reload speed increase.
- Rank 5 now heals the player for 150 health over 6 seconds when shield is broken.
- Sprint Speed buff will now be stripped when damage is taken.
- Fixed non-NSO MAX small arms resistance to the correct 80% (was previously broken at 75%.)
- Removed the broken shield shimmer benefit from the Chameleon Module suit slot.
- NSO Defectors no longer have the creepy human head in the second loadout slot.
- Disengage and Heavyweight impulse effect use new visuals.
JAVELIN (NSO GROUND VEHICLE)
- Vehicle terminal cost from 200 Nanites to 100 Nanites.
- Javelin now uses its own experience type, instead of the Flash’s to award experience.
- Using a repair tool on the Javelin will now show particle effects in the correct location.
- Spitfire Turrets will now fire at riders.
- Vehicle now bounces less while moving along rough terrain, is slightly less prone to nose-up while airborne, and is all around a bit more stable.
- Speed Chassis now increases afterburner fuel recharge by 30%.
- Combat Chassis now allows greater control of side to side movement while afterburner is engaged.
- Agility Chassis now provides lift from the ground when the afterburner is engaged.
Dev Note: We’ve made some adjustments to the chassis options to more dramatically alter how each of them makes the Javelin performs.
TACTICAL SLOT & MERIT ASSETS
We have added a new loadout slot to all players. This slot now houses Merit Reward deployables, and in the future may house other limited, tactical equipment.
Tactical Slot Deployables
Tactical Slot deployables will now be able to be restocked with Merit from the loadout screen after purchasing an initial schematic from the Outfit Quartermaster on Sanctuary.
- Flash XS-1 is now located in the Tactical Slot.
- Caltrop has been added as a Merit Reward item. These deployables are for outdoor use only, and can be placed to help hinder the movement of enemy vehicles.
- Hardlight Canopy has been added as a Merit Reward item. Provides small, circular cover to protect infantry against airborne assaults.
- Cortium Bomb has been added as a Merit Reward item. Deploys a large explosive device that deals high damage over a wide area. This bomb can be defused.
The island of Koltyr has now become an instanced playspace that will become available under certain conditions.
- During times of high server population, Koltyr will become available to accommodate the population overflow.
- Likewise, during times of very low server population, Koltyr will become available to provide a more focused playspace.
- Capturing 66% territory on Koltyr will trigger a 30-minute Meltdown alert, after which the continent will lock.
- Unlike Meltdown events on full continents, Koltyr does not provide rewards on completion, but will increased experience gain by 25% for the duration of the event.
- War Assets are not available for use on Koltyr.
We’re bringing Summer back in the form of an updated directive line that will run from now through August 16!
Players will also be able to find two event items in their loadouts during the event.
- Soldier Soaker: A sidearm designed to combat the Indar heat, the Soldier Soaker was an inconvenient, yet familiar way to cool off soldiers in need.
- Water Balloon: These water balloons approved for both recreational and combat use will harm enemies and douse fires.
- Beat the Heat: Score kills with a Summer Holiday Weapon.
- Beachhead: Kill enemy vehicles while in a vehicle yourself.
- Tour Guide: While piloting a vehicle, earn progress when your passengers kill enemies.
- Summer Support: Earn Summer Support ribbons by resupplying or repairing vehicles while in a vehicle.
- Crashing Waves: Earn kills as a MAX unit or against MAX units.
- King of the Castle: Earn experience by taking and defending control points.
Tier 1 Reward
- 100 Certs
Tier 2 Reward
- 100 ISO-4
- 1x Basic Implant Pack
Tier 3 Reward
- 500 A7
- Artesque Weapon Camo – It’s certainly… different?
Tier 4 Reward
- “Surfer” Title – Returning from last year for those who missed it.
- Firestorm Implant – A new implant that slightly increases rate of fire after killing an enemy.
MISC. FIXES, CHANGES, & ADDITIONS
- Switching weapons while reloading pump action shotguns no longer causes you reload other weapons with the pump action’s animations.
- Revenant Implant can now be crafted, and has been added to the Implant Pack drop table.
- Numerous back-end improvements to voice chat have been incorporated. Additional vchat settings options will be included in a future hotfix.
- !! We’ve made adjustments to the Heavy Assault shield visuals in first person to address a major loss in framerate that would occur while aiming down sights with weapons that had highly detailed geometry.
- !! Fixed an issue where using a deployable would also activate your utility slot consumable for free.
- !! Players who are BR5 and lower can no longer be invited to an outfit, but can still apply to one.
- !! Fixed an issue preventing players without Outfits to show their base capture score.
- !! Tech Plant gates once again go down when both generators are destroyed.
- Incorporated an FOV slider so players can adjust based on preference, along with surfacing numerical values to many of the existing options in the Settings menu.
- Critical Chain will no longer stack indefinitely.
- MAX units now correctly produce footstep audio.
- Javelin NEST launcher has new firing audio.
- Biolabs have thawed out, and are climate controlled once again.
- Cloaked infantry/vehicles can no longer capture control points.
- Bullet impact particles should now play when shooting grass.
- Smoke trail on the Falcon projectile should no longer glow bright white at night.
- Added hover-over tooltips for all currency types on the loadout screen, showing how to gain them, and their maximum values.
- Optimized the HUD health elements to reduce framerate spikes.
- Fixed blue squares incorrectly appearing on the map and minimap for multiple Amp Stations across all continents.
- The Tutorial has been disabled.
- Fixed numerous physics and vehicle-related crashes that were the most frequent crashes on Live.
- NSO’s Tankbuster Nosegun (Liberator) now correctly tracks directives.
- NSO’s Zephyr Bellygun (Liberator) now correctly tracks directives.
- NSO’s Shredder Bellygun (Liberator) now correctly tracks directives.
- NSO’s Dalton Bellygun (Liberator) now correctly tracks directives.
- NSO’s LB00 Python (Lightning Main Cannon) now correctly tracks directives.
- NS-W Survivor weapon medals can now be earned.
- SR-200’s Tier 3 Long Rifle directive no longer requires an Auraxium Medal, instead of a Gold Medal.
- Nano-Armor Kits and Medical Applicators granted from the Third-Year Anniversary bundle now work correctly on NSO characters.
- NS-03 Thumper and MGR-A1 Vanquisher’s Disruptor Ammunition no longer saps energy from vehicles.
- Fixed additional edge cases related to falling through the floor.
- Salvaged Platinum Compound Helmet now displays the particle FX correctly on female characters.
- Concussion Grenades’ turning speed reduction now scales on distance from the blast, similar to the blurred screen visuals.
- Fixed and issue with MG-HBR1 Dragoon (TR Battle Rifle) not playing firing audio under certain conditions.
- MG-AR1 Arbalest (TR Assault Rifle) now has updated audio.
- Underbarrel Grenade launchers should no longer have large animation hitches during a reload.
- Repair Ribbons once again count toward directive progress.
- Wielded knives no longer flip in the hand while leaving a sprint. (Note: There still remains an issue where knives will flip in hand after a weapon swap.
- MLG decal on the Babylon Magrider cosmetic no longer turns the vehicle blue.
- Muzzleflash smoke on infantry weapons has been toned down.
- Toned down smoke on various vehicle related effects.
- Bullet shell casings have been scaled down.
- Lights should no longer stay on for several seconds after bullet impacts and explosions expire.
- Personal shield bullet impact particles should no longer obstruct your view in first person.
- Burning DoT effect has been optimized.
- Facility capture FX have been optimized.
- Jetpack particles should no longer trigger in first person view.
- Smoke particles on the Medic Shield Recharging Field have had their brightness reduced.
Bases and Continents
- Esamir Eisa Tech Plant Empire Strength value from 25 to 20
- Capture point pulse experience no longer contributes to base capture score.
- Heal experience no longer counts toward base capture score.
- Standardized all variations of LithCorp to use this capitalization.
- Hossin continent lock benefit now only affects allied vehicles and MAX units.
- The Stronghold on Indar is now classified as a Small Outpost.
Download free PlanetSide 2 update 2.15 for PlayStation 4.