Evolution X delivers an excellent day to day performance with a good gaming experience. It is certainly worth a consideration if you can compromise a bit on battery life and look past Chrome not responding issue.
- Fluid day to day performance
- Bloat-free UI
- Dual VoLTE and VoWiFi support
- Support for OTA updates
- Banking apps work without any issue after flashing Magisk
- Average battery life
- Chrome keeps freezing and crashing, Firefox works fine
- Face unlock option isn’t available
- Redmi Note 7 Pro with an unlocked bootloader – To unlock the bootloader of your device, apply here.
- TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 7 Pro – Click here to download.
- Evolution X – Click here to download.
- GApps – Included with ROM
- Magisk – Click here to download.
- ADB software (For Windows) / Android zip file (For Mac)
If you are on a Mac you need to
- Extract the Android zip and place the folder on your Desktop.
- Open Terminal
- Type cd Desktop/Android
- Enter ./ADB-Install-Mac.sh
Follow the procedure mentioned below to flash the ROM on the device,
- Switch off the phone and boot it into fastboot mode by long pressing Power and Volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to PC by a USB cable, open command prompt on your PC and navigate to the folder where you have saved TWRP img file.
- Type ‘fastboot devices’ in command prompt and check if the device is detected by the system.
- If the system detects the phone, type ‘fastboot flash recovery_filename.img’ and hit enter, the process will be completed in seconds.
- Now long-press the Volume up and Power Button to boot the phone in recovery mode.
- It will ask to allow modifications, slide towards the right to allow Modifications.
- Select ‘Wipe’, click on ‘Format Data’ and type ‘Yes’. Go to ‘Advanced Wipe’, select ‘Dalvik / ART Cache’, ‘System’. ‘Data’, ‘Cache’ and then swipe towards the right to Wipe.
- Go back and click on ‘Install’, navigate to the location where you have stored required zip files, it’s better to keep these zips file on SD Card or USB OTG drives. Select the ROM zip, and Magisk (optional), then swipe towards the right to flash.
- Click on ‘Reboot’ and then ‘System’, within 10-15 minutes device will boot with Evolution X.